Occupational Health & Safety Audits & Assessments
Identify. Evaluate. Control. Manage.
Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) audits, hazard and risk assessments are important processes to confirm compliance with relevant OHS regulations and corporate programs.
PHH ARC's OHS Division has a range of knowledge and experience in a multitude of workplace settings. We can effectively assist clients in identifying potential OHS issues and hazards to employees, contractors, tenants and the public and design strategies to control and manage those risks to provide safe and healthy work environments.
PHH ARC can asssit you with qualitative or quantitative audits and assessments in the following areas:
- OHS Management Systems
- Occupational Hygiene Walkthrough Surveys
- Certificate of Recognition (COR) (ACSA)
- Fire and Life Safety Audits
- Workplace Safety Inspections
- Hazard/Risk Assessments
- Documentation Peer Review
PHH ARC can conduct audits in accordance with established auditing systems such as COR (Alberta and British Columbia), CSA Standard Z1000-06 Occupational Health and Safety Management and OHSAS 18001.
Whether the work environment is in Oil and Gas, Utilities, Commercial Property, Healthcare, Government or Construction, we have OHS Audits and Assessment processes and expertise that can meet your needs.
A Collaborative Process...
We commit to the highest professional auditing/assessment standards. We work together with your employees to ensure they're involved in the process.
Reviews, collaboration and information sharing (where required) may be conducted and include the following:
- Auditing/assessment tool and/or strategies (standard or customized)
- Worker communication regarding the process
- Management system evaluation
- Documentation analysis
- Site inspections/assessments (conditions and work practices)
- Worker interviews
- Design of practical and creative control solutions
- Report findings and recommendations
- Risk communications to affected parties
- Corrective action and implementation/management plans
Upon completion of the audit/assessment, PHH ARC will prepare comprehensive, but easy to read reports and recommendations. Reports are delivered on budget, and within requested timeframes and deadlines.
Maintain & Manage a Safe Work Environment
After completing the audit or assessment process, PHH ARC can assist our clients with effective corrective action and management plans including:
- Safety Policies
- Health & Safety Programs
- Exposure Control Plans
- Safe Work or Operating Procedures
- Records, forms or permits
- Worker exposure
- Workplace levels
- Indoor environmental quality (office environments)
Contaminant Control Options
- Personal protective equipment