Environmental SustainabilityPHH ARC is committed to conserving resources, preventing pollution and protecting ecosystems throughout the delivery process of every project and in our daily operations.
Since PHH ARC has been providing environmental solutions to protect both indoor and outdoor environments for close to 30 years, we have been involved in sustainability long before the term was widely used.
PHH ARC Corporate Sustainability practices include:
- Use of energy efficient lighting, computer systems and HVAC settings to reduce consumption.
- Expanding in office recycling programs to include most materials used and or consumed in the office. This includes: paper, cardboard, plastics/metals, batteries, cell phones, digital cameras, computer equipment, used office supplies and toner cartridges.
- Using environmentally friendly and recycled products. This includes: bleach free 100% recycled paper towels, toilet paper, plastic garbage bags, 30% post consumer recycled paper, envelopes, file folders, biodegradable cleaning products, hand soap and dish soap.
- Developing an Emissions Reduction Program to reduce company emissions. This is achieved through car pooling, public transit and riding a bike to work. Employees are challenged and encouraged to be environmentally conscience and responsible and we reward individual leadership in this area.
- Engaging in community projects which support environmental sustainability including river and shoreline cleanups, Habitat for Humanity builds, Orphaned Wildlife (OWL) Rescue work, Adopt a Road program and Tsunami relief efforts.
- Ordering in bulk, utilizing local suppliers and choosing to use environmentally aware couriers with hybrid and bio-diesel vehicles.
- Participating in the development of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Go Green initiative for greening existing buildings. The initiative has been adopted by BOMA Canada and the Federal Government (and is now called BOMA Best).
- Frequent workspace efficiency reviews designed to reduce overall energy consumption and improve sustainable practices.
Our decision to be environmentally sustainable is always an ongoing process that takes a lot of time and commitment from our managers, staff and suppliers. We encourage anyone we work with to make the same initiative in their corporate setting.
If you or your company utilizes or implements an environmental sustainability practice that you think might be helpful for PHH ARC to improve our sustainability program we encourage you to contact us.