Hazardous Materials Project Design
During facility demolition or renovation, hazardous materials can impact costs and scheduled timelines.
PHH ARC can produce documentation to identify and specify all necessary aspects of a hazardous material remediation program which in turn can be incorporated into a General Construction Contract or can be used as a stand-alone document.
We have the expertise to manage projects from concept to completion by adhering to strict project management principles to control costs, schedule and mitigate liability.
Hazardous materials abatement occurs in four major scenarios:
- Deteriorated materials that present a risk to workers and occupants
- Workers disturbing a hazardous material during maintenance activities
- Facility renovation or refit
- Facility demolition
Abatement of hazardous materials allows and enhances other processes in buildings and facilities. Effective project design maximizes the needs of worker safety, facility operations, environmental protection and cost.
PHH ARC has designed thousands of hazardous materials abatement projects in Western Canada. The benefits of effective project design include:
- Hazardous material abatement project scope aligned to the facilities needs and the relative risk of the hazard
- Best value through competitive bidding
- Updated hazardous materials inventory following abatement
- Clear communication of abatement plans to affected occupants
Key benefits of PHH ARC project design services:
- Experience of hazardous materials in varied settings to provide the best solutions.
- Regulatory understanding to research variances and acceptances
- Project design tied to project management
- Multi disciplinary teams