HMIS™ - Hazardous Materials Inventory System
The most comprehensive and customizable solution for management of hazardous materials for employers, building managers and owners is the Hazardous Materials Inventory System (HMIS).
HMIS provides an accurate inventory management system that is systematic and reliable. HMIS meets or exceeds the requirements of all US and Canadian labour jurisdictions and offers a secure database that can be accessed by a PC anywhere in the world subject to client imposed controls.
The specific requirements include: increased sampling frequency, room-by-room data collection, identification of the specific location, condition and accessibility of hazardous materials.
Our affiliate, Pinchin Environmental Ltd. developed the Hazardous Material Inventory System (HMIS) in the early 1990's. Subsequent versions are web based. It has been used for surveys of tens of millions of square feet of building space over the last 18 years and is currently used in house by many clients.
Clients currently using HMIS
- Three Major Universities - over 10 million square feet
- Retail Store Operations - over 300 sites
- School Districts - three Provincial jurisdictions
- Large Urban Hospitals - over 10 million square feet in two provinces
- Petro-chemical Refineries - five independent sites
- Provincial Government Buildings - over 200 buildings
Features of HMIS
- The database is used to store and manage asbestos materials information
- Centrally located and accessible through the internet
- Data is safe with up to three levels of user access
- Uses information collected to help establish action priority
- Planning tool for management or abatement
- Allows current and up-to-date inventories
- Used on industrial sites, commercial or public buildings
- Can handle millions of square feet
- Secure and reliable access
- Supports US EPA sample protocol
- Generates detailed and custom reports
- Able to upload photos and quickly compare "before" and "after" removal images
Click here to view our HMIS Brochure.
For a no-obligation demonstration of the Pinchin HMIS, we invite you to contact:
604-244-8101 ext. 225